3/14/2005

Night and Day

The day rises to a world of expectation,
hope of better stories to tell
each other and ourselves.
Wishing that it were true
we plod along the rivulets
that were formed from the rains of yesterday.

But the river is so far away,
it takes too much to get there.
Too much pain and change
which may transform me.
Am I ready to swim in the currents?

Night falls without fail,
the colors fade into darkness.
A cold blanket, it is not reassuring
or compromising in its grasp.
But the moon is patient and
the stars flicker the light of another dawn.

Perhaps that is the night's beauty
in showing a path to those that are determined
enough to find it.
I will traverse the valley formed from those rains,
the streams will guide me.
And swim I will, in spite of the pain.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home